I must tell you; at Qualitycarpetcare we have been cleaning carpets in and near East Kilbride for over 12 years now. Whenever we do an “emergency carpet cleaning job” usually to a new client for us we get the same question over and over again and that question is “what is the best way to clean or vacuum my carpets?”
It is a fair question. Most people are surprised when we say this to them but there really is a right and a wrong way to vacuum your carpets – or at least a right and a wrong way to clean and maintain your carpets. To keep it simple we have come across a neat article that shows tips on how to do this for your carpets in your home.
Please read this article below
And in case you are in a hurry – the gist of it is this; (but really go on and click above to read the article)
- first of all understand the type of carpet you have ; is it long “haired” or not
- choose the right vacuum cleaner for your carpet and also pay attention to what sort of dirt is usually in your carpet. Especially if you have pets as that makes a huge difference
- be clear on what type of cleaner it is – does it beat dirt out to loosed it then lift or simply sucks with a strong suction
- is the height adjustable so you dont rip you carpets out?
- how often should you vacuum?
- are you using the extensions or attachments to properly clean your various areas of carpet? ie stairs versus bedroom carpet and so on
- do you use the proper technique so your carpet wears evenly?
These are things one should thing about from time to time when it comes to properly taking care of yor carpets. If you are in East Kilbride or close by and would like help with carpet cleaning then please give us aring on 01355 303811.